The concept of digital marketing is a subset of traditional marketing. With this in mind, it should come as no surprise to the reader that utilising the elements of the extended marketing mix is an ideal way of explaining it. This is the first in a series of six videos that you can view to increase your understanding of the domain.
Before viewing the video it is worth defining the concept. Like many other subjects it has a plethora of options. The one I subscribe to was provided by Simply Digital marketing and is as follows:
Digital Marketing is a sub branch of traditional Marketing and uses modern digital channels for the placement of products and for communicating with stakeholders e.g. customers and investors about brand, products and business progress.
You will note from the video that there are many elements of digital marketing that can be attributed to the product. This should not be a surprise as the product is arguable the most important aspect of the marketing mix.
Next time I shall explain the link between digital marketing and the price.
Latest posts by Alan Shaw (see all)
- Developing Semi-Structured Interview Questions: An Inductive Approach. - April 9, 2020
- Developing Semi-Structured Interview Questions: A Deductive Approach - April 9, 2020
- Calculating the time it will take to do semi-structured the interviews - April 8, 2020
- How to develop a set of questions for a semi-structured interview: academic and commercial differences. - April 8, 2020
- How a Page Rank is calculated in Gephi - December 31, 2019